Skills: 5 ways to increase your skills
The best way to increase your skills as a content writer in 2021.
by Adetunji Paul Wealth
It is 2021 already, and as a content writer, I am positive you probably would want to increase your skills this new year. Here are five ways you can increase your skills.
- Have coaches and mentors: I have made a mistake in the past of wanting to learn from everyone until I got to a point where everything seems confusing. I realized people’s methodologies are quite different and sometimes contradictory, which is making me confused while I was honing my skills. You can get two or more coaches, just make sure their teachings complement each other. It is not a must that you know them physically, you can meet them online. E.g. Neil Patel, Ann Handley, Kathryn Aragon, Seth Godin, etc.
- Learn from books: Be it physical books, ebooks, audiobooks, books do help to improve your skills. Like Onwuneme Yahwedalu once said, reading maketh a man, so you can increase your skills by reading. You can get books from your mentors or here.
- Courses: You can get online courses from Udemy, Coursera, etc if they have any.
- YouTube videos: Watch and download their videos on YouTube.
- Practice: This cannot be overemphasized, practice makes perfect. The more you write, the more you get better at it.
Now, I am not saying you shouldn’t be flexible, you can learn tips, strategies, ideas from others. But you shouldn’t take them word for word so that you won’t get confused like I once did.
You must log in to post a comment.