WHY YOU MUST BE PERSISTENT IN LIFE
There are times when your life doesn’t go as planned, and everything seems to work against you. You have tried all things and it seems like all odds are against you. You kept pushing but it just looks like this is not for you. And then you feel like giving up and admitting to failure because it is the only viable option you’ve got.
But what if I told you that you are not the only one in your situation and you are not the only one that will pass through the situation. As Winston Churchill said, ” If you’re going through hell, keep going.”Billi Jean also said, “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” Now, the two quotes point to one thing: Persistence.
What is Persistence?
Persistence is simply a state of mind that makes you do something continuously to achieve a set goal even though it’s difficult or opposed by other people. Persistence, according to Napoleon Hill, is gotten from willpower.
What then is willpower?
This is the ability you’ve got to achieve a specific plan of action. It can be a goal, plan, decision, etc. It’s simply the ability to exercise and control your will. It’s a skill that can be learned and developed over time. That means you can train your willpower to become persistent.
A good example of persistent persons is Mark Victor Hassen and Jack Canfield; the publishers of CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL (their first book). They took the book to New York and gave some agents to sell it but the agents returned it without a single sale.
Not swayed by that, they took the book to the National book sellers’ association convention with vigour. But every single publisher (on each booth) turned them down. Until they met the 145th person (Peter Vegso) who told them he would read it.
Peter read some of the stories, loved them and decided to publish the book. Which made him the first official publisher of the book. To sum it all, they spent 14 months looking for a publisher and were rejected by 144 publishers.
This is a great feat and a pure act of being persistent. They could have stopped and given up before 14 months but they kept trying until they found it.
10 reasons why you must be Persistent
- To achieve your purpose, goals, and objectives: Persistency helps you to achieve your set aims and objectives.
- Most successful people have failed at least once: Every successful person you can ever think of has failed in one thing or the other. The more reason to be persistent is when you fail.
- To get knowledge: Persistence gives you knowledge. The more you persist, the more you learn and acquire knowledge.
- To gain experience: When you are persistent, you gain experience and expertise.
- To get better at what you do: Being persistent gives you an edge in your field.
- Execution of plans properly: When you do something for a long period, you get to execute all your plans properly.
- Stretching your Mental power: Persistence stretches your mind and staying power. You can stay on something long enough and keep going.
- To improve your way of thinking: When you are persistent, you think in higher frequencies.
- Creating success stories: When you are persistent, you will always have success stories.
- To succeed at whatever you do.
How to develop Persistence in life
4 ways to develop persistence according to Napoleon Hill:
- A DEFINITE PURPOSE BACKED BY A BURNING DESIRE FOR ITS FULFILLMENT.
- A DEFINITE PLAN, EXPRESSED IN CONTINUOUS ACTION.
- A MIND CLOSED TIGHTLY AGAINST ALL NEGATIVE AND DISCOURAGING INFLUENCES, including negative suggestions of relatives, friends, and acquaintances.
- A FRIENDLY ALLIANCE WITH ONE OR MORE PERSONS WHO WILL ENCOURAGE ONE TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH BOTH PLAN AND PURPOSE. (Accountability partner)
“Persistence is the iron quality of success; if you persist long enough you must eventually succeed.”Brian Tracy
To succeed in life, you need to develop your willpower to become persistent and you will see success awaiting you.
You must log in to post a comment.